Wednesday, April 1, 2009

"Bye bye, Kitty..."

Checkers has a new home as of today. We took her to her new home in Lewisville this afternoon. The girl who adopted her is SO nice, and I know she will take good care of her. She's already sent an update and things are going well.

Amelia sure did love that cat, so I hope it's not too long before she forgets to look for her and ask for "ki-ee". At least she has a stuffed animal kitty to hug on and love.

She is a great cat...but now she's in a home with someone who can give her more attention than we've been able to since baby was born.


This is a picture of Checkers and Amelia (7 months old).

1 comment:

sarah from the suburbs said...

Poor Checkers! :) How long did you have that cat? We have a cat, Thelma, and the poor thing doesn't get much attention either. I've had her for nine years. When my husband is out of town or at work (he's not a cat fan) Thelma is all over me, begging for attention because she knows she can't get any when he's around! She knows I will let her lay on my lap and sleep in the bed with me. Smart kitty...

love Amelia's thighs in this pic! sooooooo cute!