Friday, April 17, 2009

Obsession


So, Amelia is OBSESSED with SpongeBob and it's starting to drive me crazy! I know exactly how it happened (Andy) I'm just not sure why she seems so taken with him. It's the first thing she asks to be turned on the TV in the morning. She's already learned that we have a fast forward button on the DVR and gets frustrated when we're watching a "live" version of the cartoon with commercials. When this happens she will find the remote and put it in my hand all the while saying "Bob, Bob, Bob, Bob." She will now sit and watch an entire episode on the couch without moving an inch. She's obsessed. She has a doll, coloring book, and I almost got her SpongeBob (girly) pajamas (thank goodness they didn't have her size). She also loves Elmo - but she asks for SpongeBob all day long. I realize that I am giving into her obsession by letting her watch it and buying her these things...but she really, really loves him and I'm just sure this is a phase. Right???

P.S. In the picture, she's holding SpongeBob and watching it on TV at the same time...ahhhhh....young love!

4 comments:

Andrew Strittmatter said...

How dare you blame her father.

Lindsey Strittmatter said...

Hmmmm...I guess the truth hurts.

Alison said...

I'm not surprised she would have a facination with "Bob"... I think you know what I'm talking about! ; ) I also think it's funny that she caught on to the great technological advances of DVR... Gavin does the same thing. They don't know how good they have it... Did I just type that?

Jamie said...

Look at it this way - now you have a sure fire way to distract her when you need to get something done. :)