Monday, September 21, 2009

Hi Ho, Hi Ho...

...it's off to work I go! Well, I am finally in the sub system and tomorrow is my first full day back in the classroom (and Amelia's first full day of daycare). I am more nervous for myself than I am for her. I know she loves it over at Miss Nikki's house. In fact, she is still asking if we are going to Miss Nikki's house everytime we get in the car. She will be fine.

I'm more worried about remembering how to take control of a room of middle schoolers! The job is at my old school, so at least I am on familiar ground and will have lots of teachers there that I know. It is also for a fellow English teacher, so I will know the material (that's not the issue - it's more about getting up there again). I will be there 2 1/2 days this week. And my other weeks are filling up with quickly. This is nice because I know there are a lot of subs out there that can't find jobs (there are A LOT of subs in Frisco) so it helps to know people. I am lucky!

I'll let you know how it goes - should be interesting.

2 comments:

Andi said...

Hope you have a good day tomorrow! It'll be a breeze I'm sure...and I know Amelia will have a good day, too:) And thank you for your well wishes today...they came in quite handy and put a smile on my face right when I needed one!

Jennifer said...

So.... how was it?