Thursday, August 27, 2009

We Survived!

For those of you who don't know yet - I have decided to go back to work (part time) as a substitute until baby #2 is here. We are at the point where Amelia needs to be a little more social (and so do I)! So I am going to work 2-3 days a week once I'm up and running in the Frisco ISD system again.

The hard part was finding a good babysitter. We wanted someone who kept a few kids in her home - we weren't ready for a more school-type setting just yet. Because it was so close to the start of the school year, I feared that all the "good ones" would be full. I was almost right! I went on several interviews and literally wanted to walk out of some of them. I mean, it is amazing that people will leave their kids in some of these dirty places! The others were OK and at least clean, but when we found Miss Nicole - we were set! Not only is her house spotless, but she paid attention to Amelia right away, she is keeping kids that are Amelia's same age, she has experience, she has 3 kids of her own, and she is wonderful.

Amelia went 2 times this week (for 1/2 days) to get used to being somewhere else. It was a success! In fact, when I went to pick her up both days - she didn't want to leave! That's a good sign! Her schedule is having to be adjusted a little bit, but she's pretty easy going these days and took to napping in a new place and at a new time without any trouble.

It was hard dropping her off and driving away, but I wasn't afraid for her - just for me. I didn't know what to do with myself, but I sure did get a lot done :)

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Did she cry when you dropped her off? Did she act differently when you dropped her off the 2nd day?

Jennifer said...

YEAH!!!!!! Would you want to have a catolouge party or a real party for scentsy at your house? You will get some great goodies and tomorrow starts a whole new line of products. Let me know and I am working on getting you some clients!