Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Lunch Caper

Today was a normal lunch day for Amelia. It started with turkey, then some cheese and strawberries. Well, she LOVES fruit, and she knows that she has to eat the other things before she gets it (otherwise she'd just eat fruit and nothing else). Anyway, I gave her a plate of turkey and then walked about 3 feet from her to empty the dishwasher. She finishes her turkey, has a slice of cheese and then asks for her strawberries. Seeing that she's finished everything, I happily serve them to her (yes-I'm her personal waitress).

Lunch is now over. I wipe her hands and face...unbuckle her from her chair...set her on the ground...and there it is. ALL of her turkey is sitting in her chair! That little stinker waited for me to turn around to put dishes up and proceeded to stuff her turkey under her legs.

Now, I ask you...how does a 20-month-old know how to do this??? We certainly don't sit around stuffing food under our legs. She is plotting against us...I just know it!

It was so funny - I guess I'll have to be more diligent during lunch tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did that too, but when I was a little kid! That is hilarious and pure genius :) Whole sandwiches was my thing, hid them all over the house. Gross I know, but I was little and hated sandwiches. Funny now!

Andi said...

HA! Took my girls no time at all to figure out that the dogs make excellent disposals for unwanted dinner entrees. We now have 2 four legged friends that wait patiently at their feet during mealtimes! I think Amelia may just be a genius...did I even spell that right?

Andi