Monday, March 16, 2009

Busted!!


We had a busy day! It started out with an innocent trip to the store to buy new socks (I know...funtimes). Then, before I knew it, I was dealing with a crime! Before we started looking for socks I gave Amelia a new pair of toddler sunglasses to play with while I shopped. This tends to keep her occupied so that I can get what I need with minimal distraction (I'm sure you understand). So, I finished shopping, checked out with our socks, got Amelia into her car seat, and that's when I saw them! I turned around to put her stroller in the car, and sitting in the seat were those darn sunglasses! She was BUSTED! So, later that day (because it was lunchtime and we HAD to go at the time), I returned to the scene of the crime and confessed! I paid for them and she's never looked cuter! (The store was understanding - apparently this happens all the time!)
Next, we had fun playing with our cousins and seeing Aunt Amy and Granners. I decided that the end of the slide was the perfect spot to eat my snack! It was such a pretty day.
Then, we got BUSTED again! Amelia was playing on the floor and her hands slipped...I thought it was just a regular fall that happens throughout the day...but we weren't so lucky. She managed to cut her upper lip open with her teeth and ended up with a swollen lip! Thankfully it didn't really bleed and the swelling went down very quickly! I think it probably hurt me more to see it than it hurt her. She was just fine and wanted to eat her dinner and play some more! What a trooper!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

HA! Love the sunglass story!

Anonymous said...

hahaha....this is the cutest thing ever! keep it up...

Jennifer said...

I love that you came on board! Now we can keep in touch even better and you can help with MOMMY ADVICE!!!!!!!!!!!
YEAH