Friday, March 20, 2009

Where are these kids' parents???

We had a Thursday full of fun, fun, fun. However, I don't mean to get on a rant here, but I am really concerned at the lack of attention that some parents pay to their children while out in public.

In the morning, we went back to the Wiggly Play Center with Jacob and his mommy Jennifer. This time, we ventured into the other small toddler area. Amelia was having fun playing with new things, climbing all over the place, and dancing on the small stage...and then the fun had to stop. The big kids invaded! I don't mean to be rude, but parents should follow the rules so that the little kids can play safely. The big kids don't watch where they are going and trample all over the place. It just doesn't seem safe, and the parents don't do anything about it. There is more to the story - but I'm sure it's boring - so I'll refrain!

Later that afternoon, Andy and I took Amelia to the park (it was such a nice day)!Again, we chose a park that has a designated toddler area. What do you know, it was filled with bigger kids (and their dogs) while their parents just sat and ignored the situation. Amelia couldn't go anywhere whithout the big kids taking over. Needless to say, we packed it up and found a less crowded park to play in.

The good news is that Amelia had a great time! I was the one who was worrying over her safety the whole time, while I'm sure she was oblivious to it all! She loved the slide with Daddy and wore her new sunglasses like a big girl! (oh - and we also had a visit from Aunt Sandy and Mimi today! It was a really fun day!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

she should come to austin more...we have special parks where no big kids are allowed at all and no dogs and she can be perfectly safe. just bring her here and i'll tell you where. hee hee hee...

Andi said...

It's completely annoying isn't it! To make things worse, those are the kids that Riley chooses to follow around...Kerry Ann keeps her distance. So, I feel you pain on that one! Pictures are precious...and I love the sunglasses!! Too cute:)
Andi

Jamie said...

I tried the mall play area once - big mistake! It was a train wreck waiting to happen. I totally know what you mean.