Sunday, March 22, 2009

Talking up a Storm

I have to say that I very clearly remember rocking Amelia to sleep when she was first born thinking how wonderful it will be when she's able to call me "mama." Well, she says it so clearly now! In fact, she's really talking up a storm these days. She actually calls me "mama" and calls Andy "dada" when she sees us or needs us (not just when prompted). She loves peeking around the corner and saying "hi" with a big smile on her face (even if she just walked away a second ago). She is so sweet to wave and say "bye bye" to daddy when he leaves in the morning. And she is a MASTER at barnyard animal noises (the turkey is my favorite).

Now, if I could only take back teaching her how to say "cookie" and moreover - where the cookies are stashed! She's at that cabinet almost every hour. This is giving us a great opportunity to learn patience and that we don't always get what we want.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Way to spin it positively! I think we will need that a lot in this adventure we call parenthood!

John still does not say "mama" very clearly - I am still waiting for that day!