Wednesday, February 10, 2010

So Sleepy

This is the only thing I feared when we learned that we were having baby #2...NO SLEEP!  I LOVE our son...but boy oh boy could I use more than 4 hours of sleep in a row!  Now, don't get me wrong...I am very grateful that I am sometimes getting 4 hours (knock on wood) but I sure wish I could get 6 or 8 :) 

Then, to top everything off...Amelia has decided that she doesn't need to nap every day.  So, when I'd like to lay down for an hour in the afternoon, I can't!  She will stay in her bed, but she just talks and talks and talks and that keeps me awake...bummer!

OK - sorry for posting my complaints - the truth is that I am so lucky to have 2 wonderful kids...and the sleep will come back again - one day :)  In the meantime, I'll just drink coffee!

2 comments:

Andi said...

Awww...it's great isn't it? I have two that will nap whenever, and one that refuses...HOWEVER...I did learn that if I told her she only had to "rest her eyes"...and leave the TV on ever so quiet...she will lay down with us and "rest." There's a trick somewhere she will fall for...til then...you're right...stock up on the coffee!

Jamie said...

Hang in there, and complain all you want!