Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Every Time

So - this may be TMI (again) but here's a frustration of mine.

Amelia is sort of potty training at this point.  She will go on the potty in the morning, but then the rest of the day she kind of forgets to tell us.  Anyway - here is the frustration.  EVERY TIME I start to feed August at his 10 o'clock feeding, Amelia goes #2 in her diaper - twice!!!!  Because she knows that she's going, and it feels uncomfortable, she doesn't finish her business in one shot. It normally wouldn't matter, but having to stop feeding the boy TWICE is frustrating for everyone involved. 

Of course I don't get mad at her, but I don't know how to get her to "time" this any differently.  Is she doing this to get my attention back on her?  I do know she's feeling a little left out when I'm nursing him these days - I think the novelty has worn off.  Now, when I feed him she will not only go into other rooms and do things she's not supposed to do, but she will get into the refrigerator and try to fix her own juice, food, etc.  It's not that big of a deal, but a gallon of milk is heavy for a 2-year-old and I don't want her to drop it on her foot or make a huge mess during this time.  If she could just wait 30 minutes I could deal with the mess - haha!

Any tips??  Andi, how did you manage all of that????  Help!

No comments: