Monday, March 1, 2010

TV

I'll admit that the TV is on a lot more these days. This is mostly because I have to feed August, change his diaper, rock him when he's crying, change his diaper again, get myself dressed and ready, etc...you get the idea.

Amelia is such a good girl, and we do still find time to play of course, but I realized that she may be too "into" TV these days when the following happened...

We were playing in her room and she started telling me this story...as I listened VERY closely (to make sure I understood her) she started telling me about volcanoes and the giant octopus! That's when I realized she was acting out the entire episode of Diego (the one titled "The Giant Octopus")! It was so funny. She knows that there are active volcanoes and sleeping volcanoes - they are called dormant volcanoes (her words-not mine). And she went through the whole plot quoting dialogue and everything!

Andy, however, was the lucky one...when he got home she invited him to go on the submarine with her to see the giant octopus. I wasn't allowed :(


Side note - I know in the past I've talked about her love of particular shows...but now that she's older she does mix it up a little bit (but not much). These days her favorites are Dora (she calls it Dora and Boots),Diego (she says DEEE-AY-GO), SpongeBob (still a favorite), Word World (referred to as DUCKY because there's a duck in the show), Super Why (again an old favorite), and Charlie Brown (oh how she LOVES Charlie Brown)!

No comments: