Friday, March 12, 2010

I'm back

I've been busy these last few weeks - go figure...So here are some pictures and what we've been up to.

The big thing is that August is now sleeping in his own room. He's waking up once during the night - I just wish it was at 4ish instead of 2ish every night...but that will happen eventually.

Also - we've beaten the stomach bug around here. Yes, the stomach bug. It started with me walking into Amelia's room last Friday morning to discover her ENTIRE bed covered in throw-up! It was so disgusting, and I felt so bad for her. I never heard her cry that night, and I have no idea how long she was laying there but she didn't seem phased at all! Thank goodness Andy hadn't left for work yet and he was able to help clean it all up. The weird thing was that she didn't have any other symptoms - no fever, no whining, no nothing...she was just herself.

Then...Saturday night - I got it. But my bug came with the upset stomach and the fever, chills, etc. Andy had to go to work on Sunday but thank goodness my mom and sister were in town! They totally stayed and watched both kids so all I had to do was feed August and go back to sleep! I don't know what I would have done otherwise. The good news is that it was only a 24 hour thing! The bad news is that my mom and sister got it the following day! Sad :(

Other than that - things are great and we are enjoying our kids and looking forward to the nice weather!!!!!!

 Amelia LOVES holding her baby brother.

Andy was cleaning his boots, so Amelia got her chair and decided to help!
Having fun at John's 2nd birthday at the Little Gym!
Tummy time on our cute new mat (thanks, Jamie!)
Big boy in his gator shirt (thanks, Kelsey!)
He started crying, so Amelia played him some music - from her toy manger! haha!
And now....tummy time for Amelia!  It was so funny...the SECOND I got August off of the mat...she was on it!  She just loves doing everything he does.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I miss you guys! I want to get together soon. I am slammed with work the next few weeks, but the second there is free time for us both, lets get together!

sarah from the suburbs said...

he is just so cute! and amelia, too! how is the big sister thing going? i'm anxious to see how miss kate does...

and i love your blog background...did you change it recently? i want to make mine cute, but don't know how, and am afraid i'll lose all my posts if i change it!