Monday, March 22, 2010

Big Girl Bed

Amelia doesn't nap consistently anymore - boooo!  She'll sleep about once a week now, but still goes in her room for some down time.  They other day, I flipped on the monitor and saw her going head-first over the rails of her crib.  So I RAN down the hall way and opened the door before she went all the way over!  She was actually in control of it all.  I then asked her if she could get out of bed on her own and she almost hopped right over the edge.

Needless to say - nap-time was over at that point and I went to the task of taking the front rail off and converting her crib into a toddler bed.  She stayed in the living room while I was working on it, so when I finished, I told her there was a surprise for her.  She was so EXCITED when she saw that she could get in and out of bed on her own!!!!!  She slept the entire night that night!  What a big girl!


The next day during nap-time I was worried.  And I was right to be.  She was in her bed for about 30 minutes, then, as I watched the monitor, I saw her start to get in and out of her bed...bringing toys back in bed with her.  I didn't mind this at all...as long as she's in her room it's not a problem.  Well, I was on the phone in the living room a while later...when out of the corner of my eye...I saw her peering around the corner!  It was actually really cute - and she seemed proud of herself.  That was a one-time-only event though.  The rule is she has to stay in her room until we come and get her.  She's following the rule in the morning, but she's still pushing her limits during the day.  In fact during today's nap-time I heard the door open and close at least 5 times...but she went back in.

She is doing really well overall and I can't wait to get her a real twin bed :)

1 comment:

sarah from the suburbs said...

Go Amelia! Kate loves her big girl bed. I wish we had a video monitor to watch her though. I'm sure she has a ball playing with her stuffed animals and kicking the wall before she finally crashes! They are too funny!